Saturday, September 26, 2009

Knitting My Way Out

Like many knitters, I have acquired a large stash of yarn. I honestly can't remember when, or for what reason I bought most if it, but for one reason or another, it is here taking up space and annoying my husband.

For awhile now I have been promising him that I'd start trying to work my way through my stash without buying new yarn, but who are we kidding? I love to knit and I get distracted easily, jumping from project to project. Even know I'm planning a yarn outing to buy the supplies to make him a new scarf. I've been dying to visit the Lion Brand flagship store in Manhattan, and I think next weekend is the perfect time to finally go.

Anyhow, I'm getting off topic. I've decided to actually try to work my way through my yarn stash. I know that I'll definitely still buy new yarn, but I'd like to actually use some of the wonderful skeins that I already have. Plus, with the holiday season coming up, it seems like the perfect time to start experimenting with new patterns and ideas. So, this will be my project's home on the net. Hopefully a place for me to post pictures, my ideas and patterns if I'm feeling bold enough to write my own. I hope you'll also be inspired to take a look through the supplies you already have in your home before immediately running out to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment